Parenting and Child Care Guides

Guides for parents to help your child grow in a good environment



During Pregnancy
  Parenting
  Take Care Of Yourself
  Important Nutrients
  Food To Avoid
  Sport exercise and sex
  Medicines To Avoid
  Diabetes During Pregnancy - A Curse For The Unborn And The Mother
  Other Things To Do

Baby Time
  What are you Feeding your Child's Emotional Appetite?
  Ideas And Suggestions On Baby Gifts
  Baby's First Valentine's Day
  How To Feed Your Infant



About Nursery
  The Real Dangers Of The Nursery
  Selecting The Right Air Cleaner For Your Baby's Nursery

Parenting
  Developing your Child's Appreciation of the Natural World
  The Importance of Finding the Good in Your Child
  When your Baby Sleeps-baby Care
  How to Deal With Fears in Children?
  Keeping Your Kids Active
  Should you Limit Your Kids Time Playing Video Games?
  10 Guidelines For Parents Of Kids Playing Video Games
  Children are the Products of Either Good or Bad Parenting
  Parenting is a Big Responsibility
  How to Say No When Your Kid Wants a Toy
  Avoiding Your Child to be Addicted to TV
  The Blame Game
  7 Strategies To Protect Your Kids From Media Anxiety
  5 Things You Must Do To Protect Your Kids From School Violence
Are you a little behind? Make your fitness goals!
Google
 
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Parenting is a Big Responsibility
"Don't do as I do. Do as I say." That is the advice many of us have heard all our lives, especially when we were youngsters. That is about the poorest advice we will ever receive. It just doesn't work that way. The truth is, the very advice we follow is the example we see from those we respect the most. Being an example is a role we inherit but may not want. Make no mistake about it, however: we are all in that position at one time or another.

As a parent, you might ask the question, "How proud would I be if my child grew up to be just like me?" The parent that drives like a maniac, then says to his teenage son, "Be careful," should not complain when the boy returns home with a speeding ticket.

The coach that yells and screams at the officials cannot be surprised when his star player gets a technical foul for unsportsmanlike conduct. After all, the example speaks much louder than the words you say. There is an ancient proverb that says, "What you teach your child, you teach your child's child." Oh, how often I have experienced this in my own life.

The exact traits I seen from my own dad I see mirrored in my own children and even my grandchildren. It is an awesome responsibility being a parent, but being an example for others happens in all walks of life. The teacher, the preacher, the business person and even the town bum all set an example that others follow.

There is a poem I read that challenges me and says much better than I can write the importance of living your testimony instead of just talking it. It goes like this:

I'd rather see a sermon, than to hear one, any day.

I'd rather one should walk with me, than merely show the way.

I can soon learn how to do it, if you'll let me see it done;

I can watch your hands in action, but your tongue too fast may run!

All the speeches you deliver, may be wise and true,

But I'd rather get my lessons by observing what you do.

Though I may not understand you, and the fine advice you give,

There is no misunderstanding how I see you act and live!

In the sports world, they put it this way, "It is easy to talk the talk, but you had better be able to walk the walk." Make no mistake about it, the fine advice you give will never take the place of how you act and live.

Labels:

posted by Khate @ 6:50 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Qualityhealth.com
  Get the Free stuff
  Free coupons for brand name products
  Get FREE healthy samples of products
  For the best free samples
  FREE HEALTHY SAMPLES of products
  FREE HEALTHY offers

ChefsDiet.com
  Chefs Diet Delivery-program
  Chefs Diet Advantage
  Chefs Diet Prepared Meals & Snacks
  Vegetarian Chefs Diet Meal Delivery
 Free Samples and Coupons for Brand Name Products
Chefs Diet At Home
Previous Post
Archives
NFL Accessories
Blog Roll
  - Zoom Gadget
  - New Business Ideas
  - Insurance Guides
  - Inside Stock and Personal Finance
-  Free Loan Search
  - Parenting and Child Care Guides
  - Inside Cancer
  - FREE Ways To Make Money Online
  - Make Money Online
Template by

Free Blogger Templates